Well I'm off to a bit of a rough start. While I had every intention of sitting down each morning and writing down one thing about my body that I like. That didn't happen. I did it the first two days, but after having such a negative body image for such a long time it was HARD. I forced myself to sit down and write 5 more right before working on this blog post. So, while this is somewhat embarrassing, I've decided I am going to share the list with all of you.
1. Ankles - Always been relatively small and cute
2. Dreamy blue eyes - They are super pretty
3. Proper waist - Has always stayed proportionate to rest of my body
4. Cheek bones - With a great highlight I can make them look great
5. Armpits - I know this one is weird, but I'm kind of a freak of nature and I don't grow armpit hair. It's the greatest thing in the entire world, and it makes me feel truly special.
6. My ears - They are little and I never feel self conscious about them.
7. My collar bone area - I like the way it looks in a v-neck t-shirt.
I am hoping when I get to week 52 it will be much easier to make this kind of list.
This coming weeks challenge is inspired by the fact that I have a big problem with negative self talk. I am in my head ALL the time. Thinking awful things like:
"I hate the way my arms look in this shirt."
"My stomach looks gross in this dress."
"My double chin looks so bad in that picture."
If other people talked to me the way I talk to myself I'd be curled up in the fetal position on the floor crying. So... this week, every time I have a negative thought about my body I am going to take out my notebook and write down the opposite of the thought. That way hating my arms in my dress becomes loving my arms ect..
I solemnly swear that I will follow through with this week.
Lastly, I ordered the book pictured below. It should arrive tomorrow! I'm hoping it'll help me find some inspiration for the next 50 weeks! If you have any ideas for a weeks challenge I'd love to hear them, just leave them in the comments on here! Thanks everyone!